Everywhere we read about the negatives created by the rise in interest rates.
This CNB measure may also bring a number of positive effects, such as:
1. a reduction in inflation - this was one of the main reasons why the CNB raised interest rates. In the coming months, we should already see the desired effect in terms of a slowdown in consumer price growth.
2. Strengthening of the crown - this phenomenon will have an impact on the purchasing power of Czechs abroad, both when on holiday and when buying from abroad.
3. Recovery of the mortgage market - the CNB has tightened the conditions for obtaining mortgage loans. In recent years, we have very often encountered people taking out mortgages who had difficulty in obtaining them.
4. Increase in interest rates on savings and fixed-term accounts.
5. A greater supply of property on the market and a slowdown in house price growth.
There are two sides to every coin. So let's look for the opportunity in everything and not look at the world in black and white 🙂 .